If it seems like this blog is missing the entire second half of the summer... that's because it is. I'm on my second week of official summer vacation now, so I'm going back and trying to record the important things. I don't know if I'll update this with an exhaustive recap of everything that went on for the last four weeks, but I am going to post what I've been writing, however much that ends up being!
I'll give you some updates about the groups themselves and such, but I'm mixing it with a little narrative nonfiction because three out of the four weeks, my groups and I went to a summer camp in Southeast DC that was probably the realest inner-city experience of my life to date. It's something I've had a lot of trouble explaining to people who didn't go there, but I do have a fair number of crazy or just memorable experiences from there and I thought, rather than trying to sermonize them, I'd just retell them as best I can, and hopefully that will give you some idea of what it was like.
If this sounds ominous... I don't mean it to be :) But I do hope it's thought-provoking!
No comments:
Post a Comment